San Francisco Dreamin'

12 December 2007

She's a Longaberger Lady (Gasp!)

When I met JB those many, many (many) years ago, she was the finest of the fine dykes I had ever known. She had a masculine quality about her that I loved, while a very feminine part lie just under the surface. She would always deny that it (the femm) was there - but, really, it was there for all to see. Everyone saw it. Everyone, that is, except JB. Blinded by the light, I guess, and a quality I could never help but to love about her.

At that time (we're talking mid-seventies here), she was trim and fit, and even talked about building up her physique to be more like a football player. Personally, I couldn't really see that on her, but it was a self-image thing she had. To me she was eye candy, with only one drawback - she was not an experienced lover. Well, she is two years younger than me, so I let her off the hook about that. Experience definitely helped. And, boy howdy*, we sure did stack up the experience markers in those days. She has always been very sweet and very thoughtful, but I never could see her in the way she saw herself - butch and only butch.

Time marched on, our lives took different directions. Then, in the early 90's we got back together for good. We had both changed a lot over the years. We had mellowed, I guess you could say.

Except, JB asked me what I would think about having children? Well, I said, I didn't have any desire at all to have children, but I didn't have any objection to raising children. So, it came to be that JB is the bio-mom of both our girls. This has put her into the family mainstream, as it were. Being the stay-at-home-mom (SAHM) means that she has dealt with schools, families, moms, some dads, children on a daily basis, ad infinitum. Since we're both out in our community, she and the girls have integrated very well from the start. Integrated so well that she is often invited to our Mom-Friends' little gatherings and get-togethers.

I know that for a time last spring it was kind of getting her down being around het moms so much. Sometimes she doesn't feel as if she fits in, although by all accounts she fits in very well. But, I think that she might feel just a bit lonely now and then. While I am often invited to these gatherings, I must admit that I rather be out in the garage or game room with the guys. It's an odd world in which we live...

At any rate, she surprised me several weeks ago when she went to a Longaberger party. Not only did she go, but we know none of these people, although she is acquainted with them, and she has not known them on a level where they know us. Ya know?

As it turns out, she surprised me even more when she decided to give a Longaberger party, and invited many of our mom-friends to it. So, I guess there was cross-over there. If you like their products, I suppose I could get you in touch with her. Just let me know...

Just the same, I don't know this woman.

I mean - Who is inhabiting my wife's body, and what have you done with her?



* Thanks to Maria for this phrase. I am quite taken with it!

Labels:

posted by Tawanda at 6:01 PM

<< Home

|