San Francisco Dreamin'

04 October 2007

Fly Like a Bird

I recently found an old friend on the Internet. Adrian and I had lost touch over ten years ago. Relationships change, we lived in different states. I was single, then I wasn't, then I was again - for a while. It was way back when... I knew her when she first came out - because I was her first. It was so much fun - what with the stomach butterflies and the constant sex. But, it wouldn't last. It couldn't, really. We were off in different directions - the big wonderful world offered us choices, and ours were each different.

Last time I saw her was back in the early 90's. I think it was in Fremont. Somehow we had hooked up - I was working for a Big Tech Company in the valley, she was working for Novell. I don't remember the details.


My roomie and I spent an awkward afternoon at the condo she shared with her then-partner (who was going to a culinary school). After that, the only time I heard of her again was through a mutual friend living in New York. Some friendships are like that, I think. Somewhere on the pole, but not very high up. You know?
That was okay. We had good memories.

Then, recently, I was googling something about service for PC's, or some such thing, and her name came up in the list. I blinked.

Could there be more than one?

(Her name is rather asynchronous - I do not think there is another like it to this day.) I had to sign up to some techie site to send her an email - only 250 characters! - because her email address was protected. A few days later, I heard back from her.

She is living up in Wyoming with the love of her life, three horses and a dog and two cats. So, we started up a new friendship, me sharing with her about my partner, my girls; she has been sharing with me about her life on the ranch.

We have good memories, and we can both look back and smile. It makes me feel as if I can fly like a bird knowing that good things happen to good people.


Labels:

posted by Tawanda at 5:14 PM

<< Home

|