San Francisco Dreamin'

06 December 2007

She's Been Absent Without Leave

Life has a funny way of changing on a dime. This time of year - from October through the end of January - is a time of birthdays, holidays, parties, pot-lucks, travel, and more holidays. Something had to give. You can guess what that was - yeah, and you'd be right - Blogging.

Recently, I was over on Logo's AfterEllen website where I made a comment on one of the vlogs, and then followed up a link to a wonderful blog in Belgium, Lula Bites. After that I decided it is very far past time that I need to be blogging again - I've neglected this blog way too long. Not a good thing.

Especially since I have news.

Do you recall my Sibling Update post? Well, we've exchanged many emails with the two moms who are lawyers, who have a son that is a half-sibling to both of our girls. Finally both families' schedules are such that we will finally be meeting next Saturday! Our talk with the girls went better than we had hoped, which I attribute to our wonderfulness as parents. ;-) Actually, they took it all in quite well, asked some topical questions about the donor, their half-siblings and about their families.

It will be interesting meeting their brother. Our family-lives couldn't be more different. They live in the City. They are Jewish (No big deal, I am part Jewish myself - blood, not religion.) His parents are both active in the GLBT community in San Francisco. By contrast, we live in the suburbs, we're not Jewish, the girls were baptised Lutheran, but we are not religious. We haven't been involved with the GLBT community since just after the birth of our elder daughter - instead we've melded with a 98% het society.

Oddly, we haven't spoken to them on the phone, yet. I would like to talk to them, so I am going to call their office tomorrow some time. Just to say, "Hey." I mean, it feels kind of rude not to talk at least once before we meet.

I am looking forward to this. And I am not. The uncertainty is killing me.

Oh, and Indiana Mom has not contacted me since I told her about our family. Don't know if that is coincidental, or not, some day we'll have to pick up that thread again.

Labels: ,

posted by Tawanda at 7:20 PM

<< Home

|